Senior Business Development Manager
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Wednesday, May 3, 2023
All of us are going to die. It’s a fundamental, tragic, romantic part of what it is to be human. But the services that should be supporting us haven't changed in decades.
From writing your will to planning a funeral, the way we deal with death is formal, complicated and expensive. Instead of feeling supported, people feel lost.
But it doesn’t need to be this way. We started Farewill to make the experience warmer, brighter and friendlier.
We’re the UK's biggest will writer and one of the leading funeral companies in the country. Our generous customers have pledged over £800 million to charities, through donations left in their wills.
We’re backed by top investors who are as excited by our mission as we are, and we’ve won awards for the work we’ve done. But there’s a lot more to do.
We’re looking for a Senior Business Development Manager to help drive the growth of our charity partnerships team. This role will report to our Head of Partnerships and be based in our East London (Haggerston) office at least 1-2 days per week.
Our Senior Business Development Manager will be responsible for winning new business, as the face of Farewill in the wider legacy market. One of the ways you’ll approach this is through robust pipeline building, developing new and nurturing existing relationships in the sector. Another way you’ll do this is by attending and speaking at industry events and building credibility in the sector.
Finally, you’ll be playing a key role in the social impact of Farewill. We’re on our way to hitting the £1bn mark in gifts in wills this year, supporting thousands of charities and causes, as well as helping thousands of people plan better for their deaths.
- Delivering our new business charity revenue stream
- Building a pipeline of new opportunities and nurturing existing opportunities
- Take ownership of the full sales cycle from generating leads, demonstrating our product, negotiation and closing
Hopefully you’ll have some or all of the following:
- You have at least 5 years experience in business development
- A growth mindset - you’re ambitious and see opportunity everywhere, and can prioritise and execute on those opportunities
- Strong sales acumen - you come up with creative commercial solutions to problems, and you act as a commercial coach to everyone on the team
- Brilliant communicator and can speak to any audience about any topic
What we offer:
- £53-£65K + 30% performance bonus (capped at 50%)
- Generous stock options
- Hybrid working, mixing working from home with working from our offices in Haggerston, London
- Cyclescheme and Santander cycles membership
- 28 days annual leave plus the usual public holidays
- Personal development budget of up to 3 days and £1000 per year
- Quarterly team socials
Making your application as smooth as possible:
If this sounds like what you’d love to be doing, we can’t wait to hear from you. If you’re not sure that you exactly fit the above criteria, get in touch anyway. Ability and attitude is just as important as experience.
At Farewill, our mission is to change the way the world deals with death - to make it simple, personal, fairly-priced & accessible to everyone. To do that, we want to build a workplace that’s great for everyone, that celebrates diversity in all its forms, and where everyone who works for us is treated fairly, equitably and respectfully.
We believe flexibility is important, so we’re happy to chat to you about flexible working options. If you need any adjustments in our interview process to help set you up for success, then please let us know.