Experienced Frontend Developer (f/m/x) SaaS Web Applications
⬜ // I want to contribute to a product with impact.
⬜ // I love step-debugging client-side code.
⬜ // I draw joy from releasing code to users.
== true) keep_reading() else throw(exception);
We are looking for naturally agile problem solvers to join our team and help us bring our startup to the next level!
We need a highly skilled Frontend Developer to enhance our product engineering team with hands-on experience and best practices from the world of web application development. This role would involve implementing changes and enhancements to our frontend web applications in the form of user stories, non-functional requirements and bug reports. Currently, our web application portfolio consists of a Multi-tenant Content Management System and an Admin Panel.
Tech stack excerpt: TypeScript, ReactJS, Redux, Firebase, ExpressJS, Flutter Mobile, Infrastructure on AWS, no Google Sheets: I promise
Our methodologies: GitLab flow, Merge Request Reviews, git push -f, Pair Programming, best of Scrum, Kanban and Shape Up,
Our tools: Gitlab, Right-click > Inspect, Slack, notion, Google Workplaces, maxed out MacBook Pro (M1) or a similar renewed every 24-months.
At how.fm, we are a small – and experienced – team of long-time colleagues and friends. We have made it our purpose to give everyone a fair chance to learn no matter their background. To achieve this we are on a mission to train 1 million deskless workers across the world in their own language. And that is just the beginning!
We have a modern office in Cologne, though we primarily work remotely and encourage all our team to work where it suits them. At least once a month we have workshops or events where we meet as a team in Cologne. So even if we don't have to commute every day, it is important that you are able to do so regularly.
YOUR EVERYDAY ACTIVITIES
Your mission is to be a major contributor to how.fm’s web applications as we continue to lift the whole system to a higher state of enterprise readiness.
- Participating in all stages of the agile software delivery lifecycle: Planning meetings, story writing, solution design, design workshops, kanban board, retrospectives.
- Make and implement user interface and interaction design decisions.
- Undergo and execute merge request reviews – also outside of web frontend code.
- Collaboratively decide on used programming languages and frameworks to solve problems.
- Independently maintaining software documentation, automated tests, deployments, and reliability measures.
- Proactively drive improvements to the underlying code-base with experience, as well as research of best practices to improve certain system quality attributes, reduce technical debt and enable contribution from less experienced web engineers.
- Collaboratively make architectural decisions, make plans, and implement them.
- Rethink deployment and distribution of how.fm Web Applications and drive improvements.
- Ensure uptime and reliability of deployed services via effective logging, monitoring, and other DevOps practices.
YOU WILL NEED
- Around 5 years or more of relevant work experience in a software team following lean & agile methodologies.
- Innate orientation towards user, customer and business value.
- Thorough knowledge of software architecture fundamentals.
- Either native English or German language ability, with at least excellent English skills, both written and spoken. Any other language is a plus – even programming languages.
- Proven intercultural competence including excellent written and verbal communication for collaboration in a remote-first environment.
- High-quality software engineering skills including:
- TypeScript, ReactJS with Redux and responsive HTML and CSS
- Engineering of SaaS, CMS or B2B Platforms
- DevOps: Automation, packaging, deployment & monitoring
- Test automation with Unit Tests and E2E Tests
- Along with a growth mindset for other technologies.
Depending on experience & expertise the salary range for this position is between EUR 60K and EUR 95K gross per annum.
You are a how.fm fit and a fit for this role if you identify with the following:
- We are humble and goal-oriented: there are a lot of things that we still don't know, but we always want to know why we are working on a specific project.
- We work with a lean approach on a path guided by the Kaizen philosophy. Make a plan, try it out early, fail, improve it and eliminate waste. We embrace change and adapt when our mission and team need it.
- We are always there for each other, like in a tribe, we know that together we are better.
If you want to know more about our team and how we work visit: www.how.fm/family.
If you like what you read and want to join us or want to apply and ask us more about the position, go ahead!
We are looking forward to hearing from you :)