Acurable’s mobile applications are the main interface between the AcuPebble acoustic sensor and the healthcare professionals and patients who use our medical devices. In your role as iOS Developer, you’ll be working on an essential component of our products which needs to not only be engaging and easy to use, but which must also provide the high performance our system requires. This is a really exciting opportunity for a talented, motivated developer who loves solving complex problems and has a strong analytical background. You’ll be able to get involved in every stage of app development, from initial planning to ultimate release, and participate in new and exciting projects while working alongside our team of experienced researchers and engineers.
What you will do
- Develop easy to use, highly optimised and scalable iOS applications, including UI, back-end logic.
- Integrate the mobile app with our innovative acoustic sensor focusing on reliable wireless communication technologies.
- Integrate the mobile app and cloud data platform APIs.
- Design and implement technical solutions to maintain and improve the iOS application.
- Collaborate with our team of back-end developers, embedded engineers and product designers to understand requirements to work on new and exciting features.
- Define, document and implement comprehensive unit and functional tests for each one of the app components.
- Write code following the IEC62304 based software development lifecycle.
- Challenge yourself and others, learn new technologies, and have fun!
What you should bring to Acurable
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or Mathematics.
- 1-3 years’ experience developing iOS mobile applications in Swift with knowledge of iOS and iPadOS.
- Experience in SwiftUI and UIKit.
- Strong knowledge of iOS design patterns.
- Strong interest in UX/UI, with a focus on ease of use and accessibility and solid knowledge of iOS UI/UX design principles, patterns and best practices.
- Experience working with RESTful APIs, offline storage, threading, performance tuning and BLE for wireless communication.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Creativity in finding solutions, attention to detail, a good understanding of technology and, most of all, a desire to learn new things.
Why you should apply
- We provide a fun and entrepreneurial work environment within an exciting high-growth business, where you will use your skills to make a real difference to the lives of millions of people.
- You will be joining an experienced and extremely talented team, who will help you grow professionally by providing valuable mentoring and development opportunities.
- We offer a very competitive remuneration package, flexible hours, generous holiday allowance, regular social events, UK visa sponsorship… and many other perks we continue adding as the company grows.
- We put time and care into finding passionate, committed people, who look out for each other and are prepared to go the extra mile to help Acurable achieve our mission. If that sounds like something you’d like to be a part of, we can’t wait to hear from you.
- Location: You’ll be based at the company headquarters in London, but still with the option to work remotely as and when required.
- Compensation: Competitive salary based on experience.