Lead Product Designer
Posted on Thursday, March 30, 2023
All of us are going to die. It’s a fundamental, tragic, romantic part of what it is to be human. But the services that should be supporting us haven't changed in decades. From writing your will to planning a funeral, the way we deal with death is formal, complicated and expensive. Instead of feeling supported, people feel lost. But it doesn’t need to be this way. We started Farewill to make the experience warmer, brighter and friendlier.
We’re the UK's biggest will writer, top rated probate provider, and one of the leading funeral companies in the country. We’re backed by top investors who are as excited by our mission as we are, and we’ve won awards for the work we’ve done. But there’s a lot more to do.
We’re looking for a Lead Product Designer to help us change the way the world deals with death. It’s a big opportunity – the chance to change the lives of millions of people and their families every year. You'd be integral to determining the direction we take with our products and services. And you’ll help define the relationship we have with the people who need us.
We have 2 product teams and you’ll be leading design across both, so this is a role for a clear communicator, and confident collaborator. You should be as comfortable rolling up your sleeves to draw on the whiteboard as you are using digital design tools. And as happy to set up your own way of working as you are adopting the best bits of the way we work today. In terms of how we work, we’re based in London and this is a hybrid role.
- Lead the design of simple, inclusive, empathetic products and services our customers can trust
- Contribute to product decisions, balancing the business requirements with the needs of our customers
- Champion our users and make evidence-based decisions, from insight and strategy through to creation and delivery
- Continue to develop our house style and approach to product design, from the big picture down to the smallest UI details
- Help us build excellent customer facing products and the brilliant internal tools that make sure we deliver them
- Report to our creative director, and work closely with our lead brand designer, product managers and engineers
In the interview we’re looking for evidence of:
- Design leadership, resulting in simple and effective products across multiple platforms and devices
- Attention to detail and care for the craft of design
- An analytical approach with human, user-focussed outcomes
- Collaborative ways of working with content, research, product and engineering
- Strong communication, documentation and facilitation skillsAssessing and establishing design patterns
- £75-90k salary plus generous stock options
- 28 days annual leave plus the usual public holidays
- Personal development budget of 3 days and £1000 per year
- Regular ‘passion talks’ and a range of team socials
- Santander cycles membership
- Flexible working - you can choose when you start and end your day, and which days you come into the office
See more open positions at Farewill
Something looks off?