Sales Executive, Funerals
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Saturday, July 1, 2023
All of us are going to die. It’s a fundamental, tragic, romantic part of what it is to be human. But the services that should be supporting us haven't changed in decades.
From writing your will to planning a funeral, the way we deal with death is formal, complicated and expensive. Instead of feeling supported, people feel lost.
But it doesn’t need to be this way. We started Farewill to make the experience warmer, brighter and friendlier.
We’re the UK's biggest will writer and one of the leading funeral companies in the country. Our generous customers have pledged over £800 million to charities, through donations left in their wills.
We’re backed by top investors who are as excited by our mission as we are, and we’ve won awards for the work we’ve done. But there’s a lot more to do.
We’re the fastest-growing company in the UK end-of-life sector, now looking to revolutionise the funeral industry.
We’re looking for an Funeral Sales Executive to join our growing Funerals team at Farewill. This role is a unique opportunity to support families at the most difficult time and really make a difference to how they remember this important moment in their lives.
- Contacting funerals prospects by phone and email, and guiding them through our direct cremation offering while demonstrating an exceptional knowledge of our service
- Dealing with enquiries sensitively and supporting customers through a difficult time in their lives
- Ensure a smooth handover to our funeral ops team, and working the ops team to ensure exceptional customer service
- Selling pre-paid funeral plans, in compliance with FCA guidelines.
- Owning and hitting performance and sales targets week on week, including conversion rate and QA (Quality Assurance) score
- Work cross-functionally towards our company OKRs and monthly revenue targets, and assist with quarterly team presentations
- Enjoy a friendly and positive environment, and celebrate the milestones of a startup!
Hopefully you’ll have some or all of the following:
- Fluency in English with excellent communication skills
- Experience supporting customers over the phone
- Experience working as a funeral director
- Experience in a B2C sales role
What we offer:
- A competitive salary of £30k plus performance-based bonus that could take your full earnings to £45k, as well as generous stock options
- 28 days of annual leave plus the usual public holidays
- Personal development budget of 3 days and £1000 per year
- Hybrid working, mixing working from home with working from our offices in East London (Haggerston)
Making your application as smooth as possible:
If this sounds like what you’d love to be doing, we can’t wait to hear from you. If you’re not sure that you exactly fit the above criteria, get in touch anyway. Ability and attitude is just as important as experience.
At Farewill, our mission is to change the way the world deals with death - to make it simple, personal, fairly-priced & accessible to everyone. To do that, we want to build a workplace that’s great for everyone, that celebrates diversity in all its forms, and where everyone who works for us is treated fairly, equitably and respectfully.
We believe flexibility is important, so we’re happy to chat to you about flexible working options. If you need any adjustments in our interview process to help set you up for success, then please let us know.