Posted on Saturday, July 15, 2023
All of us are going to die. It’s a fundamental, tragic, romantic part of what it is to be human. But the services that should be supporting us haven't changed in decades.
From writing your will to planning a funeral, the way we deal with death is formal, complicated and expensive. Instead of feeling supported, people feel lost.
But it doesn’t need to be this way. We started Farewill to make the experience warmer, brighter and friendlier.
We’re the UK's biggest will writer and one of the leading funeral companies in the country. Our generous customers have pledged over £800 million to charities, through donations left in their wills.
We’re backed by top investors who are as excited by our mission as we are, and we’ve won awards for the work we’ve done. But there’s a lot more to do.
We are looking for a brilliant person to join our Wills Team. You will be responsible for providing the best possible experience to our customers.
At Farewill we provide a variety of wills. Over the phone, online, simple and complex. As a Wills Specialist you will handle all these types, along with lasting powers of attorney.
This will mean you are doing a variety of tasks for customers with a variety of will needs. This includes speaking to customers who are deciding whether to use our service, drafting wills that have been conducted over the phone and checking more simple online wills.
You will have a great telephone manner and knowledge to provide the best experience to our thousands of wills customers.
- Take sales calls with our customers to discuss our phone wills offering and be able to assess if it’s right for them
- Conduct brilliant fact find calls to understand customers wishes and needs for their will
- Draft brilliant wills that are factually and legally correct and free from errors
- Check online wills for any mistakes or issues
- Provide customer service via phone and email for wills customers
- Deliver against key KPIs on quality as well as quantity of work
Hopefully you’ll have some or all of the following:
- Prior experience working with private clients in a law firm (eg as a paralegal, intern or solicitor), or direct complex will writing experience
- University or professional qualification relevant to the field
- Great attention to detail and working with important documents
- Great phone manner and written communication with customers
- Motivation and passion for helping customers
- Brilliant organisational skills and the ability to manage multiple customers
- Hunger to learn and continue to develop knowledge
- Nice-to-have: experience using will writing software
What we offer:
- A competitive salary of £30,000 + stock options
- 28 days of annual leave plus the usual public holidays
- Personal development budget of 3 days and £1,000 per year
- Hybrid working, mixing working from home with working from our offices in East London (Haggerston)
Our hiring process:
- You will have an initial conversation with someone from our Recruiting team. We’ll be keen to learn more about you and your experience, and we’d love to tell you more about Farewill
- We’ll ask you to do a functional task to demonstrate your skills and to give you a better flavour for the role; for this role, it will be a legal task with a member of our Legal team
- You’ll then have a video call with our hiring manager and hiring team who will talk to you in more depth about your experience and expertise
- Lastly, everyone who joins our team meets with a member of our Exec team
Making your application as smooth as possible:
If this sounds like what you’d love to be doing, we can’t wait to hear from you. If you’re not sure that you exactly fit the above criteria, get in touch anyway. Ability and attitude is just as important as experience.
At Farewill, our mission is to change the way the world deals with death - to make it simple, personal, fairly-priced & accessible to everyone. To do that, we want to build a workplace that’s great for everyone, that celebrates diversity in all its forms, and where everyone who works for us is treated fairly, equitably and respectfully.
We believe flexibility is important, so we’re happy to chat to you about flexible working options. If you need any adjustments in our interview process to help set you up for success, then please let us know.