Head of Partnerships
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Thursday, August 24, 2023
All of us are going to die. It’s a fundamental, tragic, romantic part of what it is to be human. But the services that should be supporting us haven't changed in decades.
From writing your will to planning a funeral, the way we deal with death is formal, complicated and expensive. Instead of feeling supported, people feel lost.
But it doesn’t need to be this way. We started Farewill to make the experience warmer, brighter and friendlier.
We’re the UK's biggest will writer and one of the leading funeral companies in the country. Our generous customers have pledged over £800 million to charities, through donations left in their wills.
We’re backed by top investors who are as excited by our mission as we are, and we’ve won awards for the work we’ve done. But there’s a lot more to do.
Farewill is looking for an ambitious, driven, and commercially astute leader to join our thriving start-up. As Head of Partnerships, you will lead Farewill’s biggest revenue generating team, and report directly to the Chief Operating Officer.
You will spearhead the development and implementation of partnership strategies, building on our existing relationships with charity partners, as well as significantly driving new business with commercial institutions.
This role is a unique opportunity for someone who wants to shape the trajectory of a fast-paced technology company, while still making a meaningful difference to the world through our relationships with the third sector.
- Own the vision and strategy for the Partnerships team, owning revenue and ROI
- Translate company goals into ambitious team goals
- Establish and maintain relationships with over 260+ charitable organisations
- Identify new exciting ways to grow partnerships business, particularly with commercial partners
- Represent Farewill at conferences, events, and workshops
- Oversee our partner-brand, maintaining our key channels including CRM and social media
- Lead and develop our high energy partnerships team across both business development and account management, ensuring we have a high performing, happy team
Hopefully you’ll have some or all of the following:
- 7+ years commercial leadership experience, 5+ years in partner management
- Driven step-change within an organisation in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A strategic mindset, with a bias to action
- Strong commercial skills, able to accurately forecast revenue and structure a team around business objectives
- Passion for charities (and raising millions through legacy fundraising in doing so), as well as a passion for our mission to change the way the world deals with death.
- Confidence with public speaking at events
- Data analytical skills (able to sort and analyse raw data, prepare graphs from content)
Nice to haves, but not a dealbreaker:
What we offer:
- A competitive salary of £100k+, as well as generous stock options
- 28 days of annual leave plus the usual public holidays
- Personal development budget of 3 days and £1,000 per year
- Regular team socials & company-wide events
- A chance to make a meaningful contribution to people's lives and deaths
- And much more!
Making your application as smooth as possible:
If this sounds like what you’d love to be doing, we can’t wait to hear from you. If you’re not sure that you exactly fit the above criteria, get in touch anyway. Ability and attitude is just as important as experience.
At Farewill, our mission is to change the way the world deals with death - to make it simple, personal, fairly-priced & accessible to everyone. To do that, we want to build a workplace that’s great for everyone, that celebrates diversity in all its forms, and where everyone who works for us is treated fairly, equitably and respectfully.
We believe flexibility is important, so we’re happy to chat to you about flexible working options. If you need any adjustments in our interview process to help set you up for success, then please let us know.