Will Writing Specialist (remote, part-time)
Posted on Wednesday, October 4, 2023
All of us are going to die. It’s a fundamental, tragic, romantic part of what it is to be human. But the services that should be supporting us haven't changed in decades.
From writing your will to planning a funeral, the way we deal with death is formal, complicated and expensive. Instead of feeling supported, people feel lost.
But it doesn’t need to be this way. We started Farewill to make the experience warmer, brighter and friendlier.
We’re the UK's biggest will writer and one of the leading funeral companies in the country. Our generous customers have pledged over £800 million to charities, through donations left in their wills.
We’re backed by top investors who are as excited by our mission as we are, and we’ve won awards for the work we’ve done. But there’s a lot more to do.
We are looking for a brilliant person to join our Wills Ops team. You will be responsible for checking our online wills to ensure they are factually and legally correct, and free from errors. This is a critical role that helps us deliver a top service to our customers, and as such, our ideal person is motivated by doing high quality work.
This role is part-time, fully remote and on a zero-hours contract. We anticipate that in our peak seasons you could work up to 20 hours a week. This is a great role for someone who is looking to return to work, fit some work in around an otherwise busy lifestyle, or who wants to continue honing their legal knowledge through wills checking.
- Prior will writing or will checking experience working with private clients in a law firm (eg as a paralegal, or solicitor), or direct complex will writing experience
- University or professional qualification relevant to the field, for example CILEX, NALP, or STEP Advanced Certificate in Will Preparation
- Great attention to detail and working with important documents
- Nice-to-have: experience using will writing software
- An hourly rate of £17.50
- Flexible, remote working that you can shape to your lifestyle
- A chance to make a meaningful contribution to people's lives and deaths
Our hiring process:
- Phone call with our hiring manager
- Legal Task with our legal team
Making your application as smooth as possible:
If this sounds like what you’d love to be doing, we can’t wait to hear from you. If you’re not sure that you exactly fit the above criteria, get in touch anyway. Ability and attitude is just as important as experience.
At Farewill, our mission is to change the way the world deals with death - to make it simple, personal, fairly-priced & accessible to everyone. To do that, we want to build a workplace that’s great for everyone, that celebrates diversity in all its forms, and where everyone who works for us is treated fairly, equitably and respectfully.
We believe flexibility is important, so we’re happy to chat to you about flexible working options. If you need any adjustments in our interview process to help set you up for success, then please let us know.