Senior Software Engineer
Gaia's mission begins with the world’s first IVF insurance product that predicts fertility outcomes and insures against the risk of failure, a major moment for modernising the family planning process. Underpinning our product is a proprietary predictive technology that adds a layer of certainty to an expensive, complicated, desperate, opaque but resolutely hopeful space.
We have raised $30million in funding to date, our A round at the end of 2021 was led by Atomico (read why here). We are FCA regulated, and trade on the Lloyd's of London market as a cover holder of Beazley.
We exist so that anyone who wants to have a family can try. Our goal is to create 5,000 families by 2025. We are ambitious, brave and hyper focused when it comes to the means to do this.
We are looking for someone to collaborate with our ops, product, finance and other teams to build the financial backbone for our insurance and lending products. You will work on features and services that reduce the financial stress and burden of fertility treatments and increase operational efficiency.
What you will be doing:
- Designing, building, expanding and maintaining core financial services like underwriting, claims automation, risk scoring, open banking, loan servicing and payments.
- Scoping and leading technical projects, laying the groundwork for our products to iteratively evolve and scale.
- Working with our third-party providers to design and launch new features and capabilities.
- Aligning our technical decisions with Gaia’s broad initiatives.
- Developing and executing against both short- and long-term roadmaps. Making effective tradeoffs that consider business priorities, user experience, and a sustainable technical foundation.
- There to uplift the team by improving our internal tools.
You’ll be great for this role if you:
- Have experience in ML-based products in fintech.
- Are comfortable working under fluid conditions, seamlessly balancing tactical and strategic considerations.
- Have a strong technical background, including 5+ years of industry experience building high-quality code and infrastructure.
- You enjoy working as part of a small, cross-functional team in close partnership with other disciplines. We don’t work in silos.
- You prefer simple solutions and designs over complex ones.
- You like to take ownership of complex problems. Our product spans across healthcare, insurance and finance. You will need to find creative solutions and get others on board with them.
- You like to understand and solve problems holistically, not only from a technology point of view.
Throughout the interview process, we are looking for:
- You can take on big, loosely defined projects, break them down, and deliver them in a predictable way.
- You are comfortable working in a constantly changing environment, regularly questioning and challenging what has been done previously.
- You are able to understand problems deeply and holistically.
- You can communicate complex topics in a concise manner.
- You show the potential to mentor other engineers as the team builds.
Salary + Benefits offering:
- 90k - 120k (depending on experience).
- Private Healthcare.
- Fertility Support.
- Professional Development budget.
- Workplace Nursery Benefit.