Junior IT Support Engineer
- On site, Houston Texas.
- Opportunity to be part of the foundational team as we are building out our new product with a global coverage
- The position is for an initial period of 3-6 months with an opportunity for a permanent contract.
Hofy is redefining the way organisations oversee their remote and hybrid workplaces. This is an opportunity to be a part of a pioneering tech startup that offers the best-of-breed SaaS solutions when it comes to the deployment/lifecycle management of Office and IT equipment to just about anywhere on the planet.
We are scaling up our IT offering to provide our customers with dedicated support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. From MDM to device pre-configuration, our premium customer experience is disrupting the MSP industry. If you think you are up to the challenge we are building our incredibly talented team with big growth targets over the next two years.
We have global coverage in delivering office equipment and we want to do the same for our IT support function which is why we’re now looking for a for a Junior IT Support Engineer to be based within our US fulfilment centre.
As Hofy’s Junior IT Support Engineer, you will work as part of the IT team of subject matter experts to help achieve Hofy’s device and IT services growth objectives. You will:
- Work as part of an expert team of subject matter experts to achieve Hofy's device and IT services growth objectives.
- Build, develop, and enhance Hofy's device management services for sale to a global customer base as well as our IT support services offering.
- Provide technical support for our Sales team and customer base.
- You will be deploying, configuring, and refreshing devices at Hofy.
You identify with the following:
- Solutions Hunter: You are a natural problem solver, and work hard and creatively to find solutions for customer or business challenges.
- Team Player: You work well as part of a remote team, but can also carry independent responsibility.
- Technically minded: You have solid technical knowledge and proactive about developing your skillset.
- Competent communicator: You are a great communicator who can break down technical problems and communicate solutions to non-experts.
- Methodical and focused: You work methodically and prioritise well to ensure timelines are met and milestones are reached.
What you need to succeed:
This role will suit someone who already has a keen interest in multiple areas in IT and is looking for a place to combine their experience in one role. You will be a great fit if you have:
- Experience working with and managing a Mac & Windows estate.
- Interest in working with a mobile device management platform (MDM) for managing a mixed device estate, such as - Jamf, Intune, or Workspace One.
- Interest in application packaging and deployment for both Mac & Windows.
- Good working knowledge of IT security.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal, organisational and communication skills, with the ability to work under pressure.
- IT experience in providing technical support to 3rd-party customers and internal end-users.
- Some experience automating Mac device actions using AppleScript, Perl, or Bash/ZSH scripts.
- Some experience with Windows Powershell would be desirable.
- Good Windows experience with knowledge of Windows Autopilot.
Aside from our people, culture, and mission, there are a variety of additional benefits that help make Hofy a great place to work!
- Work up to 30 days per annum from anywhere in the world.
- 5% matched 401k plan
- Tech home office set up from Hofy.
- 35 days annual leave (27 days + local public holidays).
- Annual growth fund for your learning and development.
- Regular team and company socials.
- Annual company retreat.
Hofy exists to equip the world’s talent with the means to do their best work. We believe in a future in which opportunity flows globally, where the distinctions between the workplace and the places we work will be blurred, and one in which the career trajectories and quality of life for everyone on the planet will be elevated.
We have built a platform enabling any organisation to deliver the tools and experience their people need, straight to their doorstep; whether its a specced up Mac, a supersized monitor or a slick new chair. Hofy cuts the clicks, kills the complexity and brings clarity to the chaos.
To date, we have equipped over 10,000 people in 120 countries in two short years, but we won’t be stopping there. We are looking for superstars to join us in breaking down the construct of country borders in relation to access to opportunity.
Behaviours we value
- Aim high, stay humble - We’re ambitious, yet grounded.
- Disagree & commit - We balance dissent with bias for action.
- Embrace the challenge - We give it everything we’ve got.
- Work together to win - We support each other to reach our collective potential.
- Grow beyond good enough - We continually invest in becoming the best versions of ourselves.
A chance for everyone
At Hofy, we practise what we preach. We believe that creating a truly global employee experience for our clients starts with us. We need as many perspectives as possible, and we see our individual differences and diverse backgrounds as our superpowers.
We want you to bring your best self to work and to feel like you truly belong. We never discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, disability (visible or nonvisible).