We are looking for a strategic finance leader to join us on our journey of equipping the world’s talent with the means to do their best work, wherever they might be.
At Hofy we are obsessed with building a global, premium product and we take pride in the fact that we have the best solution in the market, and we continue to explore growth into new markets. The CFO will be a hands-on leader with a deep understanding of complex financial processes, and will bring significant value to Hofy as a valued business partner, providing strategic input and supporting the commercial development of company success.
You will be part of the executive committee and report directly to the CEO. You will work closely with marketing, product, growth and operations to define and execute on finance strategy. You will be responsible for the career management of the finance organisation as well as running the company finances to ensure that we hit revenue, unit economics and profitability targets.
You identify with the following:
- Owner/Partner mindset: You act as an owner of Hofy; you understand business as a whole, beyond finance, and you make decisions with the long term success of Hofy in mind, whilst being a strategic partner to the CEO.
- Iterate, execute and own: You will be given autonomy to own finance processes and the team; you will refine, iterate and execute on our finance strategy and set up and own future proof debt structures.
- Highly rational: Manage all aspects of the finance model, as well as having the ability to articulate the story to potential investors and other stakeholders.
- Inspiration and aspirational: You are a natural people leader. Finance professionals look up to you, trust your judgement and value your advice.
- Borderline obsessive: You don’t settle for second best, you are highly uncomfortable with failure, you know you are good at what you do but want to be a lot better, and most importantly, you continuously evolve and put the work in to do so.
- Expert with numbers: Every leader at Hofy is a numbers person, however you will be an expert and will use finance as a tool to help accelerate and support Hofy’s growth. Entering new markets, increasing profitability and allowing us to unlock new products for our customers.
- Biased for action: You control your own destiny; you get things done.
What you need to succeed
We are looking for someone who knows what good looks like and has seen the movie before; in particular:
- Earned your stripes: You have 10+ years of experience in finance, operating as a CFO or VP in a high-growth international VC or early stage PE backed tech business, ideally within a start-up environment.
- Seen great: You have been an integral part of at least one great business success story, and know what it takes to deliver outlier results.
- Still willing to get your hands dirty: Experienced in aligning clear reporting structures across a growing business.
- Strategic and transactional: Significant exposure to leading transactions and setting up future proof corporate debt structure.
- You’re data obsessed: Operated within a data driven environment; leading and elevating the use of data within decision making.
- Building: mentoring and developing a world-class finance team that takes pride in the work they do, and does it well.
- Previous experience in HR tech or SaaS for IT teams.
- Previous experience working in a scale-up environment.
Aside from our people, culture, and mission, there are a variety of additional benefits that help make Hofy a great place to work!
- Work from home or the office and up to 30 days from anywhere in the world.
- Full home office set up from Hofy.
- Choice of tech.
- 35 days annual leave (27 days + local public holidays).
- Annual growth fund for your learning and development.
- Regular team and company socials.
- Annual company retreat.
Hofy exists to equip the world’s talent with the means to do their best work. We believe in a future in which opportunity flows globally, where the distinctions between the workplace and the places we work will be blurred, and one in which the career trajectories and quality of life for everyone on the planet will be elevated.
We have built a platform enabling any organisation to deliver the tools and experience their people need, straight to their doorstep; whether its a specced up Mac, a supersized monitor or a slick new chair. Hofy cuts the clicks, kills the complexity and brings clarity to the chaos.
To date, we have equipped over 10,000 people in 120 countries in two short years, but we won’t be stopping there. We are looking for superstars to join us in breaking down the construct of country borders in relation to access to opportunity.
Behaviours we value
- Aim high, stay humble We’re ambitious, yet grounded.
- Disagree & commit We balance dissent with bias for action.
- Embrace the challenge We give it everything we’ve got.
- Work together to win We support each other to reach our collective potential.
- Grow beyond good enough We continually invest in becoming the best versions of ourselves.
A chance for everyone
At Hofy, we practice what we preach. We believe that creating a truly global employee experience for our clients starts with us. We need as many perspectives as possible, and we see our individual differences and diverse backgrounds as our superpowers.
We want you to bring your best self to work and to feel like you truly belong. We never discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, disability (visible or non-visible).