Sales Manager (US)
We are looking for a Sales Manager (US) to join us on our journey of equipping the world’s talent with the means to do their best work, wherever they might be.
At Hofy we are obsessed with building a global, premium product and we take pride in the fact that we have the best solution in the market. But in order to progress our mission, we need to sell, and sell well.
Our 30-person revenue team comprises inside sales, business development, account management and partnerships. The team is growing, remote and spread across the US and the UK, but we meet in person at least once a quarter.
Our sales team comes from all walks of life but have one thing in common - we all love sales and the rush of closing deals. Whilst we are highly ambitious, we are not cowboys; we do right by the customer, play by the book, help each other grow and don’t sign deals at a loss.
You’ll be part of the sales leadership team and will report directly to the Head/VP of Sales. As Hofy's US Sales Manager, you will play a crucial role in driving our company’s growth by coaching and leading our sales team in one of our most important markets.
You identify with the following:
- You inspire and are inspired: You’re passionate, can take direction and can effectively inspire others to trust your judgement and value your advice.
- Seasoned sales professional: You have experience selling to SMB, Mid-Market or Enterprise customers - ideally for a software-led product.
- Ownership and execution: You take ownership of the complete sales cycle from start to finish, navigating complex deals by building strong relationships and negotiating to a close.
- Pragmatic leadership: You understand the importance of morale. You use empathy and competition to support and motivate your sales team. When things aren’t working you can pick up on subdue cues, diagnose the problem and change your approach accordingly.
- Analytical and reflective: You have your finger on the pulse when it comes to your pipeline data. You track market trends, customer feedback and competitor activity to build a picture of what’s happening and continuously improve in response. Your North Star is the customer and you never pass up an opportunity to improve the sales experience for them.
- Competent communicator: You are an excellent communicator with great presentation skills. You can effectively articulate and leverage the Hofy value proposition to win the trust of customers and your team.
- Owner mindset: You're passionate about Hofy’s product and mission and positively display this at every interaction within the sales cycle and beyond.
What you need to succeed:
- First line management: You have 2+ years experience first-line managing high-performing sales teams. You know how to support sales people to succeed.
- Earned your stripes: You have 5+ years of sales quota carrying experience - ideally selling software-led products. You have a proven ability to consistently hit target as the leader of a sales team.
- Seen great: You have been an integral part of at least one great business success story, and know what it takes to deliver outlier results.
- Closing: A strong background in selling B2B software-led products. You have experience closing deals as an individual contributor and manager.
- Coaching and strategic insight: You're willing and able to support team members with critical deals by reflecting, coaching and strategising with individual contributors.
- Forecasting capability: You can accurately forecast sales results and build executive trust in owning a team’s quota.
- Teamwork: You have experience collaborating across the company and building strong relationships, regardless of seniority, from the CEO to SDRs.
- Previous experience in HR tech or SaaS for IT teams
- Previous experience working in a scale-up environment
Aside from our people, culture, and mission, there are a variety of additional benefits that help make Hofy a great place to work!
- Work from home, the office or hybrid.
- Work up to 30 days per annum from anywhere in the world.
- Tech home office set up from Hofy.
- 35 days annual leave (27 days + local public holidays).
- Annual growth fund for your learning and development.
- Regular team and company socials.
- Annual company retreat.
Hofy exists to equip the world’s talent with the means to do their best work. We believe in a future in which opportunity flows globally, where the distinctions between the workplace and the places we work will be blurred, and one in which the career trajectories and quality of life for everyone on the planet will be elevated.
We have built a platform enabling any organisation to deliver the tools and experience their people need, straight to their doorstep; whether its a specced up Mac, a supersized monitor or a slick new chair. Hofy cuts the clicks, kills the complexity and brings clarity to the chaos.
To date, we have equipped over 10,000 people in 120 countries in two short years, but we won’t be stopping there. We are looking for superstars to join us in breaking down the construct of country borders in relation to access to opportunity.
Behaviours we value
- Aim high, stay humble - We’re ambitious, yet grounded.
- Disagree & commit - We balance dissent with bias for action.
- Embrace the challenge - We give it everything we’ve got.
- Work together to win - We support each other to reach our collective potential.
- Grow beyond good enough - We continually invest in becoming the best versions of ourselves.
A chance for everyone
At Hofy, we practise what we preach. We believe that creating a truly global employee experience for our clients starts with us. We need as many perspectives as possible, and we see our individual differences and diverse backgrounds as our superpowers.
We want you to bring your best self to work and to feel like you truly belong. We never discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, disability (visible or nonvisible).