Do you think that good content can change lives? We do too.
Are you a talented writer looking to forge your career and make your mark in an innovative startup? Does the idea of joining a category-defining company and solving a rarely discussed problem that impacts billions of lives across the globe get you going? Well, our Content Writer role might be for you.
We're looking for someone ambitious. Obsessed with user-centricity. Someone who wants to help us change how people deal with issues in the bedroom and engage in intimate relationships.
Our perfect Content Writer is a type rather than a certain set of experiences. You could have experience writing copy for early-stage products. You might be a talented blog writer or you’ve nurtured customer relationships with CRM. Maybe you're a content editor, an academic, or even a comedian. We don’t mind. But your passion and talent for words and their power should be palpable.
At Mojo, we’re sexually enlightening humankind.
Sexual problems can be embarrassing, we’ve been there. That’s why we’re changing the narrative around issues in the bedroom.
We believe that good sex starts in your head, so we’re not here to push pills or offer quick fixes to the 50% of Millennials and Gen Z who now suffer from psychological issues in the bedroom. Nope, our app is created by the world’s best sexual wellbeing specialists to help our members lead thriving and healthy sex lives 💪. We are looking for someone that is excited to be part of that.
We’ve had crazy global growth, with over 100,000 members in 115 countries and counting. We’re backed by two of Europe’s top VC firms, and you might even have seen us on the front cover of the Sunday Times.
Check us out here: https://mojo.so
You’ll work closely with the founders, report to our Science Lead, and have the opportunity to work on projects across the business.
We’re an app-first experience and design with a content-first approach. Your role will be crucial to our members’ success and Mojo’s success. You’ll use your craft as a writer to reassure, inspire, and support Mojo members as they work to overcome their erection issues
As we’re an early-stage startup, there’s room for you to have a huge impact on the future of the company and a large amount of autonomy to shape your role and get stuck in. You should be comfortable adapting your role and responsibilities as the company grows. We expect this might consist of:
- Working closely with our Science Lead to synthesise scientific and user insights into compelling educational courses in our app
- Coming up with and executing fresh ideas for email flows
- Leading user research and feeding insights into your solutions
- Writing navigational microcopy across the user experience
- Collaborating with designers, engineers, and growth marketers
- Running experiments to find out which notification compels guys to take action or which creative course hook makes them hold onto every word
We are building a team of people that have real ownership over the business. To be successful here, you should be willing to roll your sleeves up and get your hands dirty on anything that will help the business be more successful.
- +2 years of experience in a content-focused role
- Passion for solving user and business problems with content
- A well-honed talent for writing with pristine grammar, spelling, and punctuation
- Hunger to use a diverse set of creative devices to engage and persuade
- Experience adhering and contributing to style guides
- A flexible command of tone and voice
- Excellent comprehension skills that allow you to distil meaning and insight from a variety of places
- Proven experience with writing processes in a collaborative, fast-paced environment
- Ambition to participate in product discovery cycles and develop powerful app experiences
- Compassion, empathy, understanding, or interest in mental health
- Ability to keep up-to-date with the latest tools and trends
- Bonus point: the ability to write for US audiences, which means you can nail the spelling, phrasal verbs, idioms, and cultural nuances.
📣 Important: application mini-taskAs part of your application for this role, we’d love to see your answer to this five-minute mini-task. Submit your answer in the application form on the next screen.
- £35-45k salary, with chunky seed round equity package
- Private health, optical, audiological, and dental insurance with Vitality Health
- Hybrid working, 3 days in and 2 days out, with great offices in Old Street
- Three remote working fortnights a year (read more in our handbook)
- 40 days off (incl. 28 holidays, 3 end-of-year, 8 bank holidays, 1 volunteering)
- Parental leave for primary and secondary caregivers
- Monthly team outings
- £500 personal wellbeing budget
- Unlimited professional development allowance
- A £100 budget for noise-cancelling headphones to help with deep work
- Cycle to work scheme and Santander Cycles membership
- If you want to learn more about how we work check out our Employee Handbook