Senior Robotics Engineer
At Dexory, we believe that real time data will revolutionise the logistics industry. We are building a platform that provides companies with real time access to their operations. Our autonomous robotics technology combined with our data insights platform help our customers to measure, track and find goods across warehouses in real time, and to build the ultimate digital twin of their facilities.
To make this happen, we want to find people driven by passion and curiosity to join us. We work on complex technical systems, but we don’t just need your technical skills – we want to find people who care about what they are building, and about working as a team in a challenging environment to deliver innovative solutions that impact one of the most important global industries. In this role you will have the opportunity to transform your ideas into tangible products and services, pushing the boundaries of technology and user experience.
If you’re a passionate technologist, but also see yourself as an innovative problem solver and a team player, then this is the opportunity for you.
We value humility and we're as interested in your character as we are in your talent. Please apply, even if you feel you only meet part of our listed criteria. Diversity drives innovation and we offer an international and friendly work environment with an energetic company culture.
What does this role involve?
As a Senior Robotics Engineer you will play a key role in designing and building our autonomy stack to provide safe localisation and navigation capabilities to our robot, which enables the rest of our tech teams to build stock analyses on top.
You’ll work in an ambitious, highly skilled but cooperative team that pushes robotics boundaries that aims to solve no less than the exciting robotics goal to have a robust autonomy stack that scales robustly in various kinds of dynamic warehouse environments.
We’re still an early-stage company with a technically complex system, so we’re looking for a motivated individual who can help move the product forward. The ability to think on your feet, collaborate with other highly technical teams, and take an open-minded approach to problem solving are essential.
You will need:
• 5+ years proven experience developing commercial or industrial-scale robotics software at a senior technical leader level
• Experience developing reliable, production-ready software using modern C++ and Python 3
• Experience with Linux environments
• Experience with ROS 2 (Robot Operating System)
• Experience using modern development practices, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, agile development, continuous build processes, and automated testing
• Excellent spoken and written English communication skills
• Eagerness to mentoring and collaborating with other team members
• Skills in delivering simplistic solutions to complex problems
• Experience in contributing to the design and implementation 2D/3D localisation, motion planning, navigation and mapping; perception and use of sensors; actuators control
• Experience in developing new ideas to make robots more capable, and evaluating them by building and testing prototypes
• Experience in architecting, designing and implementing processes for improving our software stack, including test and validation processes.
It would also be helpful to have:
• Hands on experience with navigation, sensor fusion or modern SLAM solutions and localisation techniques
• Familiarity with robotics simulation
• Experience developing robotics platforms using Docker
• Ambitions to become a delivery lead engineer that manages sub teams in the autonomy team
• Any specialist knowledge in: robot perception (vision or lidars), tooling (enhance ground truth analyses and or automated testing), full-stack simulation for robots, or sensor integration in robots
• Skills in contributing to planning of longer-term strategic work with other teams and business units.
We are especially interested in candidates who are flexible in their approach to technology, and willing to learn and use suitable technologies and frameworks as appropriate for specific tasks.
Dexory provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. It prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, colour, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.